Caribbean Rollerama is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Caribbean Rollerama may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st July 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We will post any changes to this Privacy Statement on the Centre’s website, so we encourage you to check this Privacy Statement from time to time.
In addition to the provisions of this Privacy Statement, there may also be specific and additional privacy and data protection provisions that apply to certain activities or services, or that apply to you if you are an employee, agent, contractor, job applicant, tenant or are otherwise employed by us or a member of the Caribbean Park generally (for example, provisions relating to your use of technology). Because those specific and additional provisions also relate to your privacy, we recommend that you review them wherever they appear. In some circumstances you may also agree to us handling personal data in particular ways not described here.
The personal data about you which we may collect includes:
- information collected when you log-in to our Online Facilities or register with us in connection with any of our programs or offerings, which may include (but are not limited to) personal data such as your name, sex, date of birth, contact details and shopping habits and preferences;
- information collected when you submit your resume or application to us for consideration of employment;
- the content of forms you submit to us in writing or via our Online Facilities, requesting us to provide services or information, or take actions;
- information submitted if you participate in a survey or competition;
- details of any communications or interactions you have with us via the Online Facilities, telephone, writing, in person or otherwise, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number and information about your enquiry or issue;
- information relating to our management of the Centre or in connection with incidents occurring at or in connection with the Centre or our Online Facilities, which may include personal injuries, misconduct, breach of conditions or unlawful activity;
- records from any audio or visual surveillance devices used at our premises and in connection with our Online Facilities;
- transaction data about how you interact with us, such as the coupons you view, download, purchase and/or redeem, and how you interact with retailers and service providers.
We may collect personal data directly from you, from records of our dealings with you and from third parties including public sources, Caribbean Park companies, your organisation, your representatives, information service providers and the parties with whom we exchange information as described here.
Where you provide us with personal data about someone else you must have their consent to provide their personal data to us based on this Privacy Statement.
Use and disclosure of information
In addition to providing our products and services to you, we may use or disclose personal data that we collect about you for purposes including the following:
- where you have provided your resume, to consider you for particular jobs that may arise in the Caribbean Park;
- purposes related to the Caribbean Park’s research (including market research), planning, product and service development, security and testing;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of our products and services, the Centre and our Online Facilities;
- to understand your interests and behaviour relevant to use of products and services so that we can provide you with more effective communications and services;
- to operate any membership and/or loyalty schemes, including sales tracking, the administration of rewards and offers and account management;
- to link or combine your personal data with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- where we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, a direct or indirect interest in the Caribbean Park, an asset of the Caribbean Park or the Centre.
We may not be able to do these things without your personal data, for example we may not be able to consider or respond to your requests.
We (and if you have provided your specific consent, other members of the Caribbean Park) may also provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by telephone, electronic messages (e.g. email), online (including websites and mobile apps) and other means, unless you opt out or we are subject to legal restrictions including the Spam Act 2003 and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006. These communications may relate to third parties (including other members of the Caribbean Park), the Centre, retailers who operate at Caribbean Park properties or service providers that provide services to us from time to time, and any of the foregoing entities’ products and services. You can opt out by following the instructions under “Contact details” below, or within relevant communications.
We may exchange personal data between ourselves, within the Caribbean Park, and with third parties. The types of third parties with whom we may exchange that personal data include our service providers who assist us in providing our products and services such as organisations who provide archival, auditing, insurance, professional advisory (including legal, accounting and business consulting), debt collection, banking, marketing, advertising, mail house, delivery, recruitment, customer contact, technology, research, utility, research, investigation, data processing, data analytics and security services. We will also disclose personal data as required by law. We may also exchange personal data with retailers and service providers that operate at the Centre or other Caribbean Park centres or third parties, but will not do so for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your specific consent.
Some of the disclosures of personal data to third parties described in this Privacy Statement may be to Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada or Singapore. Personal data may also be stored in those countries. Where you consent to this Privacy Statement, you understand and agree that while the third parties will often be subject to confidentiality or privacy obligations, we will not be accountable for the third party under the Privacy Act 1988 (including, without limitation, Australian Privacy Principle 8.1) and you may not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 or in the overseas jurisdiction.
We may from time to time provide and connect with you through a range of online facilities in relation to the Centre, including:
- the website under the domain name https://caribbeanrollerama.com.au/(“Website”)
- any wireless internet access hotspot provided by us (“Hotspot”) at the Centre, which use is subject to the Wi-Fi Terms
- email and other online communications between us, and
- any other websites, social media profiles, mobile applications and other online facilities on which we have posted or linked to this Privacy Statement, (the “Online Facilities”).
Further personal data we may collect through our Online Facilities includes:
- information input or submitted to interactive components of our Online Facilities such as search tools, wish lists and calculators;
- details of the web pages, links and sections you access on the Online Facilities, and any third party web pages which refer you to the Online Facilities;
- personalisation preferences you select as you use the Online Facilities;
- information about your use of our Online Facilities including your location and IP address (and other identifier for your computer or device) which we may log when you use our Online Facilities; and
- location data transmitted from your smart phone handset or other device used to access our Online Facilities, unless you have turned off Wi-Fi connectivity on your device. This data will be collected from any device capable of connecting to Wi-Fi that is in range of the Centre Wi-Fi network, even if you have not logged in to the Wi-Fi network on that device.
Without your personal data, some of our Online Facilities or parts of them may be limited in availability and functionality.
We may use or disclose personal data that we collect about you to remember you and to personalise our Online Facilities and communications and provide content that matches your interests and preferences or otherwise customise your experience of our Online Facilities.
If, when connecting to the Centre Wi-Fi network, you opt to only receive communications in relation to the Centre, we will not use or disclose your personal data collected via the Centre Wi-Fi network for marketing of the goods or services of other parties (including other members of the Caribbean Park).
We use and disclose aggregated and de-identified data collected through our Online Facilities for purposes including improving our Online Facilities and our services and generating insights based on trends in the de-identified data.
A username and password may be essential for you to use some of our Online Facilities or sections of them. For your own protection, we require that you keep these confidential and recommend that you change your password regularly.
Our Online Facilities may, from time to time, contain links to the websites and online services of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites and online facilities are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites and online facilities for their respective privacy statements.
Other advertisers on the Online Facilities
When we send you emails or other electronic messages, we may record where you open the message and click on particular links. This helps us to better understand what information is of interest to you.
We are constantly developing and enhancing our use of online technologies, and make reasonable efforts to ensure we keep this Privacy Statement and related documents up to date in this regard. Please check back when you return to use our Online Facilities to ensure you are familiar with our current practices.
How we handle email and “Contact us” messages
We may preserve the content of any email or “Contact us” or other electronic message that we receive. Any personal data contained in those messages may be used or disclosed as set out in this Privacy Statement. The message content may be monitored by our service providers or our employees for purposes including compliance auditing and maintenance or where email abuse is suspected.
Access to and correction of information
From time to time, our Online Facilities may allow you to register to use them or sections of them. If you are a registered user of any of our Online Facilities, you may be able to access and update the information on your profile in the applicable section of the relevant Online Facility, subject to any authentication and authorisation considerations, which exist to protect your security.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from us or, where you have consented, the Caribbean Park, you can unsubscribe from these communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email. There is no fee for this service.
Please contact our Privacy Officer using the details set out below if you wish to:
- ask any questions or provide feedback about this Privacy Statement;
- opt out of direct marketing from us or other members of the Caribbean Park;
- make a request for access to or correction of any personal data that we may hold about you; or
- make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal data.
Any information that we provide in response may be limited to the extent permitted by any applicable law.
Outside of Australia dial: +61 3 9763 9122
Terms for Hotspot
- Introduction and access
Welcome to the Gonet wireless internet access hotspot (the Hotspot), provided to you by Gonet Pty Limited ABN 27 617 883 379 . The Hotspot is a free, public service which may be made available from time to time for limited, personal use in some parts of Caribbean Rollerama. This document sets out the terms and conditions (Terms) on which you (You) may access and use the Hotspot.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE HOTSPOT.
If You do not agree to these Terms, you must not access or use this Hotspot
These Terms are effective from 18th June 2020.
- Your obligations and limitations
You must not use the Hotspot for an inappropriate purpose, including:
- to transmit, access or download defamatory, offensive, obscene or pornographic material;
- to reveal or publish proprietary, classified or confidential information;
- in connection with the breach or attempted breach of any law;
- in connection with any infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights;
- to attempt to penetrate the computer or network security of any company or any other information technology, data or telecommunications system, equipment or network;
- to introduce any computer virus, Trojan horse, worm or other code which is intended to or would have the effect of intercepting, accessing, copying, disrupting, impairing, denying or otherwise adversely affecting security, performance, integrity, reliability, access to or use of any information technology, data or telecommunications system, equipment or network; or
- to obtain any unauthorised access (or attempted access) to any other person’s computer, email account or equipment.
You acknowledge and agree that there are inherent security risks associated with using a wireless internet service, and that use of the Hotspot is solely at Your own risk. We recommend that You take any necessary measures to protect the security of Your devices and data, including using secure transmission techniques (such as encryption, backups and personal firewalls).
Neither We nor the owner(s) of the Caribbean Rollerama (“Owner”) guarantee or make any representation that:
- the Hotspot;
- the device You use to access the Hotspot; or
- any transmissions You make or receive using the Hotspot, will be safe, secure and protected against any loss, damage, intrusion, interception, viruses, hacking or other risks.
- Availability, liability and monitoring
The Hotspot is not intended to be a high performance internet service, and You should make alternative arrangements if that is what You require. You acknowledge that neither We nor the Owner:
- are under any obligation to provide the Hotspot;
- are liable for and are not obliged to remedy any faults, malfunctions, issues or problems with the Hotspot;
- guarantee that the Hotspot will be continuous, stable, fault-free, timely, reliable, operational or suitable for supporting Your intended use; and
- are liable for any loss or damage caused or contributed to, either directly or indirectly, from Your use of the Hotspot. You are responsible for all of Your activity in connection with the Hotspot.
The Hotspot is not supplied for the purpose of, and is not suited to, large downloads. We have therefore imposed download limits. If You exceed those limits, then You may not be able to access the Hotspot. If You require greater capacity and bandwidth, You should consider accessing an alternative service which can meet Your needs, possibly for a fee.
We may access, read, preserve and disclose any information (including by monitoring, intercepting and logging transmissions across the Hotspot, location tracking, video footage and matching of device identifiers such as IP addresses) for purposes including:
- to understand Your interests and behaviour so that We can provide You with more effective communications and services;
- to remember You and personalise and customise Your use of the Hotspot;
- packet inspection and performance;
- to satisfy any law or regulation;
- to enforce these Terms, including investigation of potential violations of these Terms; or
- to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
For further details please see the https://www.gonet.online/privacy-policy/, which sets out further details regarding our handling of personal data and Your options including in relation to direct marketing.
We reserve the right to apply traffic shaping as We, in our sole discretion, consider necessary to provide the Hotspot in a fair and stable manner to Our customers. Since electronic services are subject to interruption, breakdown and failure, access to the Hotspot is offered on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis only. Technical support services are not provided.
- Revocation of access
We may, in Our absolute discretion, revoke, block or limit Your access to:
- the Hotspot; or
- any website, content or protocols that you may seek to access using the Hotspot, at any time for any reason and without notice, including (without limitation) if you are using the Hotspot in breach of these Terms.
Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which You may have under any law (including the Australian Consumer Law) which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (Your Consumer Rights). Your Consumer Rights include the right for services to be fit for their specified purpose and to be provided with care and skill. You can find out more about Your Consumer Rights from consumer organisations and bodies such as the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and State/Territory fair trading authorities.
Where You suffer any loss in connection with this Hotspot and You must take all reasonable steps to minimise your loss, including notifying Us without delay if there are steps We can take to minimise Your loss.
Subject to Your Consumer Rights, neither We nor the Owner are liable:
- for any loss that was not reasonably foreseeable to You and Us at the time You first use the Hotspot;
- for any business-related loss including loss of revenue, profits, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill, opportunity, reputation or productivity; and
- to the extent that Your loss was contributed to by Your negligence or breach or any other matter outside Our reasonable control (e.g. industrial action or third party equipment, networks, viruses or malware).
If any provision of these Terms is invalid under the law of any jurisdiction, that provision is enforceable in that jurisdiction to the extent that it is not invalid, whether it is in severable terms or not.
These Terms are governed by the laws of VIC, Australia. The courts of VIC, Australia (and the courts of appeal from them) have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms.
If We fail to enforce any of Our rights under these Terms, that does not mean We waive those rights. If You fail to enforce any of Your rights under these Terms, that does not mean You waive those rights.
These Terms are personal to You and You may not assign or otherwise transfer any rights under these Terms without Our prior written consent. We may assign or otherwise transfer Our rights and obligations under these Terms as We require.